A. Customer Support and Complaints Handling Policy
Scope of this Policy
- This policy applies to our provision of certain technical support (“Support Services”) to those using any of the Services (as defined in the End User Terms of Service (available at ponto.org/legal/terms-of-service) (the “Terms”), as well as anyone else who would like to either make an inquiry or file a complaint. If the situation requires it, however, we may, in our sole discretion, prioritize complaints filed by customers over inquiries made by other persons.
- This policy applies to all our customers and users of the Support Services, both individuals and legal persons - not only consumers.
- Complaints may relate to any of our activities and may include (but shall not be limited to):
- the quality of the customer service you have received with respect to the Support Services;
- the behavior and/or conduct of our employees, agents or officers; or
- any and all delays, defects, and/or other problems associated with the provision of the Support Services.
- Inquiries may relate to:
- general questions about the Support Services;
- formal requests for the disclosure or destruction of your information; or
- other inquiries, offers, questions, suggestions, and/or requests.
B. Basic Support
- Customers (Client): Ponto may provide Support Services to its customers as set forth in, and in accordance with, the terms and conditions of the executed agreement between the customer and Ponto (“Customer Agreement”), to the extent such Customer Agreement includes Support Services for the following Services: API integrations, API error messages and related issues, developer sandbox management. Unless otherwise agreed to in such Customer Agreement, Ponto will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to all customer inquiries within 48 hours.
- End Users: Ponto may provide Support Services to end users of its customers as set forth in, and in accordance with, the Terms, to the extent such Terms include Support Services for the following Services: KYC / CIP, transactions, buying crypto, converting crypto, transferring crypto to other wallet addresses, and cashing out to a bank account. Unless otherwise agreed to in the Terms, Ponto will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to all end user inquiries within 48 hours.
- Modes of Contact. You can make an inquiry or file a complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are only obligated to provide Support Services for inquiries or complaints submitted to that email address. When filing a complaint, you will be required to provide the following information, in as much detail as reasonably possible: (a) your full name, and email address; (b) the details of your complaint (including any additional information that may be useful for us to reproduce any technical issues you encounter with respect to the Services); (c) where appropriate or required by us, your date of birth, address and/or telephone number; (d) if applicable, the transaction reference number; (e) any documents or other evidence relating to your error; (f) any specific request you might have with respect to your complaint. Making an inquiry is generally not subject to these requirements, but our ability to answer inquiries may be dependent on your providing us with additional relevant information and/or data. You can only make complaints on behalf of yourself and not on behalf of other customers or other End Users, unless the circumstances require it.
- Support Hours. In general, our Support Services personnel are available from 10:00 AM PST to 7:00 PM PST, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays). “Public Holidays” means each of the following (in each case, as such holiday is federally observed in the United States): (a) President’s Day; (b) Memorial Day; (c) Independence Day; (d) Labor Day; (e) Thanksgiving Day; (f) Christmas Eve; (g) Christmas Day; (h) New Year’s Eve; and (i) New Year’s Day. However, our automated Support Services and availability during Support Hours may be temporarily available for periods of time for reasons outside of our control, and we appreciate your patience during such periods of unavailability.
- Handling of Complaints
- 5.1. Upon receipt of your complaint, we will log the complaint in our complaints log and use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible, and our response will identify the Support Services personnel who will handle your complaint. If we require any further information or evidence from you, the assigned Support Services personnel will contact you to request such information or evidence. In order to avoid delay in the complaints handling process, we ask that you cooperate with us and provide us with any such information or evidence we may request in a timely fashion. If, for any reason, you are unable to provide such information or evidence, we may attempt to resolve your complaint without such information or evidence, but we cannot guarantee that the complaint will be resolved or the timeliness of any resolution. Please be aware, however, that we will not ask for further information or evidence unless we consider it reasonably necessary to investigate or resolve your complaint. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to resolve your complaint in a timely manner and, if applicable, in accordance with the Customer Agreement or Terms, as applicable. We will (i) use reasonable skill and care to resolve the root cause of the problem as soon as practicable, and (ii) advise and regularly update you on the status of our investigation or remediation efforts at appropriate times.